At the start of each journey, all your heroes are at level 1. As they use abilities in battle, they will gain XP. When a hero has accumulated enough XP, they will level up. Heroes only retain their gained levels until the end of the journey - they will start their next one back at level 1.
When a hero levels up:
- Their health and maximum health are restored to full.
- Their Attack, Special, Armor and Speed all increase by 10% of their base value. This includes purchased upgrades but not bonuses from stat increasing items. Internally, all of these stats are stored to a high level of precision, so the a character with a base Attack of 45 will gain exactly 4.5 per level.
The amount of XP required to advance to the next level is 300 * Current Level.
- Whenever a hero deals damage an enemy or heals an ally, they gain XP equal to the amount of damage or healing caused.
- When a buff or debuff applied by a hero heals an ally or damages an enemy, they gain XP equal to the amount of healing or damage caused.
- Some abilities grant a hero a fixed amount of XP whenever they use them.
- There are also some unique ways of gaining XP - for example, when the Knight is protecting another hero, she gains XP every time she absorbs damage aimed at the protected hero.